Social Media Policy
At Bithashex OÜ, we understand that social media can be a fun and rewarding way to share your life and opinions with family, friends and co-workers around the world. However, use of social media also presents certain risks and carries with it certain responsibilities. To assist you in making responsible decisions about your use of social media, we have established these guidelines for appropriate use of social media.
This policy applies to all associates who work for Bithashex OÜ.
Managers and supervisors should use the supplemental Social Media Management Guidelines for additional guidance in administering the policy.
Bithashex OÜ has established these guidelines for appropriate use of social media, including but not limited to:
- Networking sites (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram)
- Video and photo sharing sites (i.e. Flickr, YouTube)
- Messaging platforms (i.e. Messenger, WhatsApp)
- Blogs, wikis, online forums and message boards (e.g. Quora)
- Internal messaging systems (e.g. Slack, Yammer)
In the rapidly expanding world of electronic communication, social media can mean many things. Social media includes all means of communicating or posting information or content of any sort on the Internet, including to your own or someone else’s web log or blog, journal or diary, personal web site, social networking or affinity web site, web bulletin board or a chat room, whether or not associated or affiliated with Bithashex OÜ, as well as any other form of electronic communication.
The same principles and guidelines found in Bithashex OÜ policies and three basic beliefs apply to your activities online. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for what you post online. Before creating online content, consider some of the risks and rewards that are involved. Keep in mind that any of your conduct that adversely affects your job performance, the performance of fellow associates or otherwise adversely affects members, customers, suppliers, people who work on behalf of Bithashex OÜ legitimate business interests may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Be Transparent If you share anything related to Bithashex OÜ and/or associate yourself with Bithashex OÜ in any way, add a disclaimer in your profile such as: "Views expressed are my own.”
- Use Good Judgment Remember that what you share online is permanent. So be smart in what you say and do online. Ultimately, you are responsible for what you write, which can not only reflect on you personally but also on Bithashex OÜ’s brand. If what you’re thinking of writing gives you concern, pause and reach out to your manager or the social media team at [Email Address] for guidance.
- Uphold Our Values & Policies. Guidelines for functioning online are the same as the values, ethics and confidentiality policies you are expected to uphold in general as an employee of Bithashex OÜ.
- Protect Confidential Information. Never share Bithashex OÜ’s confidential or proprietary information, or share upcoming news about Bithashex OÜ. Examples include, but are not limited to: financial information; information on employees, customers, partners, or suppliers; and business development deals.
- Proceed with Caution. You may encounter negative posts about the Bithashex OÜ. Bithashex OÜ has a team that monitors social media and is trained to respond to these types of situations. Let this team respond or, if you believe they are unaware of the incident, alert them at [Email Address].
- Respect Our Brand. Employees are not allowed to create or manage Bithashex OÜ-branded social media accounts without official permission from Bithashex OÜ. s
- Stay Legal. Respect copyright and fair use laws. Give credit where credit is due.
KNOW AND FOLLOW THE RULES
Carefully read these guidelines, and ensure your postings are consistent with these policies. Inappropriate postings that may include discriminatory remarks, harassment, and threats of violence or similar inappropriate or unlawful conduct will not be tolerated and may subject you to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Always be fair and courteous to fellow associates, customers, members, suppliers or people who work on behalf of Bithashex OÜ. Also, keep in mind that you are more likely to resolved work-related complaints by speaking directly with your co-workers or by utilizing our Open Door Policy than by posting complaints to a social media outlet. Nevertheless, if you decide to post complaints or criticism, avoid using statements, photographs, video or audio that reasonably could be viewed as malicious, obscene, threatening or intimidating, that disparage customers, members, associates or suppliers, or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive posts meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or posts that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, sex, disability, religion or any other status protected by law or company policy.
BE HONEST AND ACCURATE
Make sure you are always honest and accurate when posting information or news, and if you make a mistake, correct it quickly. Be open about any previous posts you have altered. Remember that the Internet archives almost everything; therefore, even deleted postings can be searched. Never post any information or rumors that you know to be false about Bithashex OÜ, fellow associates, members, customers, suppliers, people working on behalf of Bithashex OÜ or competitors.
POST ONLY APPROPRIATE AND RESPECTFUL CONTENT
- Maintain the confidentiality of Bithashex OÜ trade secrets and private or confidential information. Trades secrets may include information regarding the development of systems, processes, products, know-how and technology. Do not post internal reports, policies, procedures or other internal business-related confidential communications.
- Respect financial disclosure laws. It is illegal to communicate or give a “tip” on inside information to others so that they may buy or sell stocks or securities. Such online conduct may also violate the Insider Trading Policy.
- Do not create a link from your blog, website, or other social networking site to a Bithashex OÜ website without identifying yourself as a Bithashex OÜ associate.
- Express only your personal opinions. Never represent yourself as a spokesperson for Bithashex OÜ. If Bithashex OÜ is a subject of the content you are creating, be clear and open about the fact that you are an associate and make it clear that your views do not represent those of Bithashex OÜ, fellow associates, members, customers, suppliers, or people working on behalf of Bithashex OÜ. If you do publish a blog or post online related to the work you do or subjects associated with Bithashex OÜ, make it clear that you are not speaking on behalf of Bithashex OÜ. It is best to include a disclaimer such as “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Bithashex OÜ.”
USING SOCIAL MEDIA AT WORK
Refrain from using social media while on work time or on equipment we provide, unless it is work-related as authorized by your manager or consistent with the Company Equipment Policy. Do not use Bithashex OÜ email addresses to register on social networks, blogs or other online tools utilized for personal use.
RETALIATION IS PROHIBITED
Bithashex OÜ prohibits taking negative action against any associate for reporting a possible deviation from this policy or for cooperating in an investigation. Any associate who retaliates against another associate for reporting a possible deviation from this policy or for cooperating in an investigation will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Associates should not speak to the media on Bithashex OÜ’s behalf without contacting the Corporate Affairs Department. All media inquiries should be directed to them.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have questions or need further guidance, please contact your Compliance representative.